Thursday, April 4, 2013

Would-be Statuses from Lent

Lent is over and I have yet to come up with a new name! Eek! There is still time to enter my contest or just make a mere suggestion! Thus far my friend, Anne, has suggested  "The True Life, Daily Adventures of Rusty McFuzzlebutt".....
As much as it makes me laugh (I know what you're thinking... Why would she want me to name it that? Because she's odd like that, that's why.) that's probably not going to happen...

Okay, the name thing isn't even what my blog is about today. I had mentioned in my very first blog that I had a hard time living my life in non-status form. 'Everything needs to be shared!' is what I thought. I can see by these would-be statuses, it took me about a week to slow down and by two weeks into it, I barely bothered to write anything. Some of them are completely unimportant, some are just plain dumb and some are memories in which I'm happy I recorded.

Soooooooooo....... I'm going to let you read them!   


1. It's been 20 minutes and my fingers are twitchy to hit up Facebook. 
2. 'Had to delete the Facebook app from my phone to avoid temptation. 
3. Out looking for trailers with Paul, Jerry and Charlene and I have to extreme urge to tell the world what I'm doing and thinking. 
4. Man, I wish I had bought "extra" Valentine candy. Baby Ruth's are delish! 
5. No one will hear my sure important impressions on the talent on Idol this year... 
6. I helped my little neighbor girl with her History Day project. Oh, the National History Day memories! 
7. Is starting a blog during this time cheating? 
8. Is writing down would-be statuses cheating? 
9. Valentines lunch with my honey at Eyota Cafe
10. Oooh! We just got a plate of Mary Nicklay's fab cookies from
Amy Diderrich! Thanks Ladies! 
11. Southern Style Pilsbury Biscuits-almost as good as KFC's *used* to taste. 
12. Facebook and texting need an option to italicize words. We need a way to *emphasize*  without looking like we're SHOUTING 
13. Why does Mariah Carey always look like she's talking herself into a moving moment and crying during every performance she hears? 
14. It's three months since we were told 4-6 weeks. Go home and get your affairs together. Instead, we've been able to Praise God for all we've been able to do! 
15. Seeing the signs in the background while watching "The Andy Grifith Show" makes me want to grocery shop in Mayberry. 
16. Joey's news for the day? "The bus driver is heavy set, so he can't get his seatbelt on. He drives the bus with no seatbelt." Someday one of my kids will come home and tell me what they learned that day, right??? 
17. I find it weird that Sherry O'Terry is a guest star on "Jessie." It kind of wants me to crack out the SNL cheerleading moves.... 
18. Cup control time at the Sexton house- wood shims with my children's names on them with adjoining cups. This with hopefully deter every single cup we own be dirtied every single day.... 
19. Eek. I'm letting Joey and Tyler change the windshield wipers and add windshield wiper fluid to my Suburban.... I have faith in them. I have faith in them....
20. Crime in Pleasant Grove? Nope,  just me.... Setting off the alarm of my Volkswagen... And not knowing how to shut it off! 
21. Joey: So, Mom. How much do you want for cleaning that truck out for me? 
Me: Well, I've got, like, $20 in cleaning supplies and four hours in actually cleaning the truck. BUT, how about I don't charge you and you just start being nicer and less bossy? 
Joey: How about I still be mean and bossy and I just give you a fifty? 
Shaking. My. Head. 
22. Bad accents and tea party with my Ella-Belle this morning. Good times! 
23. I did it. I read the whole book of "Roots" and now I've watched the mini series. I've spent a perfectly good Sunday (All of Sunday) staring at the T.V. and  loved 573 minutes of it. 
22. Ella came in and started watching "Roots" with me. The first time they said the 'N' word, she was outraged. After that, she nervously giggled at their liberal use of the naughty word that's not allowed in our house. Every. Single. Time. 
23. THEN Paul came in and started watching.... Draw your own conclusions here. 
24. Joey can flip fried eggs without a spatula... I'm jealous.
25. I really dislike the phrase, "There's nothing worse than..." 
As in.... burning your tongue on hot coffee or ......not being able to see the words on a TV.
Think about how much that phrase is thrown around...  
26. Hmm... At Old Navy stalking the store for Melissa. We parked next to her Trailblazer, so she's got to be here somewhere....
27. My little Pig? NOT a shopper. Shopping's no fun when you hear, "Oh, come onnnn!" each time you stop to look at something. 
28. I love Gap jeans. You wanna know why? 'Cause they so generously allow me to believe I wear a size 6 :)
29. It's February 19 (at least it is as I'm writing this) and it's my sister, Melissa's birthday. We love her SO much here at the Sexton house and couldn't imagine our lives without her. 
30. Texting conversations between myself and Anne Wyant should be published. Seriously, people, our wit and hilarity are of epic proportions. 
31. I just spent 45 minutes and 32 seconds on hold with the VA for my Father-in-Law. 45 minutes and 32 seconds of a 6 second loop recording. Gah! 
33. Driving around in a vehicle with a big Fox Racing sticker on the back window makes me feel old- like people are thinking, "Doesn't that chick know she's thirties, has no tan and probably no ability to perform any kind of motorsport?"
34. Danika Patrick on the pole? For reals? 
35. Boogity, Boogity. Danika, you wrecked DW's catchphrase.... 
36. Mid-race nap in the recliner with only the sound of announcers and cars going round and round. Bliss. 
37. You know you've spent too much time at the hospital when you envy other patient's smaller bag of platelets.... 
38. I am really, really talking myself out of being sick. When deep down I feel really, really sick. 
39. We're at the dentist and Justin's watching me fill out his medical history and as I write NO for any medical conditions, he says, "Hey, sign me up for a speech impediment. And herpes." Yeah... Um, no. (I ended up writing a whole blog on this trip to the dentist, btw)
40. Joey's going to have a dog named Phil. But it will be spelled with and extra H. P-h-h-i-l. 
41. My kids are the loudest whisperers in the whole wide word. 
42. Anyone else think the new idol structure to get to the top ten is a little wham bam thank you ma'am? 
43. Has anyone ever thought about the fact that MySpace is actually a more relevant name than Facebook? 
44. You know what would be a more relevant name? This-is-what-I-ate,-who-I-hate-and-these-are-my-kidsbook.com 
45. Soooo... a cute outfit that Selina Gomez wore on Disney Channel how many years ago could translate to Minnesota super cute outfit now, right? I want to find it and wear it! 
46. My mind forms snipits of literary awesomeness in the middle of the night. It is total CRAP that I am too lazy to write it down then cannot string it back together in the morning. 
47. Joey to Justin- "Duuuuuude, when you go to Washington DC, go to the bathroom in the white houuuuussse. See if the toilets are made of gold. 'Cause I heard they were made of gold" 
48. Justin informs me that my carrot sticks alternative to their ice cream isn't that healthy when I have more ranch than carrots. What does he know anyways...
49. Tyler informs me that Spring Turkey opener is April 17th and he would like to go.... 
50. Justin falls down and and grabs his leg and says, "Ow! My ACL, my KCL, my MCL, my N-double-ACP, my AARP, my diverticulitis! Crap, I hurt my kneeeeee!"
51. After discussing why we need to have healthy habits so our hearts and pancreases hold out, Joey says, "Well, past the age of fifty... You're about dead... So you can start letting yourself go and eat whatever you want."
52. Ella named the eggs she dyed. Their names are Bob, Billy Bob, Isabella, Little Ella, Scribbly and Orange. 

You're all so glad I'm back on Facebook, right???? :) 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha love this!! I love that you are back on Facebook but love the flood of status' at one time!!!

    ReplyDelete