Monday, April 22, 2013

One Dish Chicken & Stuffing

As I was walking around Walmart yesterday, I thought some things. The first was, why the ham was I there on a Sunday??? I have options, you know. As in because of our lovely weather, I don't work. Hardly at all. So I could attend Walmart at 7:30 on a Tuesday morning or 1pm on a Thursday. But when do I go? On a weekend. During a break in the inclimate weather. It went from snowflakes the size of goose down feathers (If you are reading this as an archieve, check the date I posted this April-freaking-twenty-first) at 8am to all melted by noon and raining and 50 degrees by 6pm.
So anyway, there I am at Walmart fighting holiday season like crowds, wondering why I was there. Then I wondered what I wanted to make for supper. The everlasting question. So I went for a classic in my house. 
*Warning- I took pictures of my food* Anyone who knows me, knows I can't stand it when people post their food on Facebook, but in this case, it's necessary. 

One Dish Chicken & Stuffing



Here's your ingredients-


(Plus milk and butter)





Put your chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. I then put the dish in the microwave and defrosted the chicken. It doesn't make the chicken cook a whole lot faster, but I was in a hurry.

Then I mixed 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup and a can of milk right in the dish, covered it with foil and put it in the oven for 20 minutes on (whatever my stove says in the picture there. I forgot already.)


This is where I get even more lazy and a little bit creative- The package of Stove Top is lined, so you can put your hot water right in the pouch and mix. Add enough hot water to moisten the stuffing.



 Take the chicken out of the oven after it's cooked for twenty minutes, uncover and spread the stuffing over the chicken.

Slice cold butter and put on top. Cover and put back in the oven for 15 minutes.


And you're done! You've used on baking dish and a few utensils.

Because I was feeding seven people, I added mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

Before you say, but Sarah, that takes more dishes and time, it's really not too much. This is my family's preferred form of potato:

Laugh all you want, but my family loves powdered mashed potatoes in a can. Think KFC. they taste a lot like that. And they're $7.99 at Fareway. And last forever. Then I microwaved the gravy right in the jar I bought it in and microwaved the green beans as well. So that's only two more dishes.
So there you go. One Dish Chicken Bake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment