Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Things I'm Obsessed with Right Now

Things I'm obsessed with right now.....

Coffee.
I've been a fiend for years. It is the second thing I do in the morning-make my coffee. (Nature calls first, in case you weren't wondering.)  I love the smell of the grounds (part of my routine is a big good morning sniff of the package) and I anxiously wait for it to brew. Which isn't nearly fast enough... I should clean my maker, but I swear, it takes a really long time for the coffee to get that full coffee flavor after scrub-a-dub-dubbing it. I really should get a Keurig so I can brew a cup while waiting for the whole pot to brew.... That wouldn't be obsessive, would it? A Pre-coffee maker to have while waiting for the full coffee pot to brew? My favorite brand of grounds is Dunkin' Dounuts brand, btw. And I use cream. Well, Coffeemate. I've been on a long and wide search for Fat Free Original Coffemate, but it seems not to be a popular "flavor" in my neck of the woods. Grocery stores must have an unspoken full fat creamer or real cream only rule in the land of dairy.
Special K Pastry Crips.
These buggers are yummy. Wait, scratch the fact I said yummy. I hate that word. (Based on how many pictures of other people's food I've been subjected to on Facebook with the caption of "yummy", the word now evokes nausea.) Crap, off subject there. Anyway, Pastry  Crisps are delish for these reasons One- It's 100 calories a pack. Two- they taste like the corners of pop tarts(which is my favorite part of pop tarts) with just enough filling to give these things flavor without being too sickly sweet as I find Pop Tarts to get. Three- In case you need further recommendation, I like the chocolate ones best, then the cinnamon, then the strawberry. They come in other flavors, too. I tried the Berry Streusel today. Not a fan.
Shannon Stacey.
I am so glad the powers of Amazon recommendations led me to this author! The first book I read of hers,  "Exclusively Yours" had me laughing my butt off. I'm so in love with the characters, the setting, the whole shebang. It pains me to admit this, but I'm a sucker for contemporary romances. That include naughty parts. This one is like none other I've read. The characters have sharp mouths and aren't afraid to give one another shit when shit is due. (As the semi-certified "Swears like a Sailor at Port" individual that I am, I embrace the character's language.) In the book, there is a big family with a hoard of comical kids and there's camping and swimming and four wheeling and annual volleyball games of Doom!  (Most of the family's activities and competitions have the appendage of 'of  Doom!') It's just all so completely endearing and relatable with the family dynamics, personal struggles that come with living life and maintaining lasting relationships and just being able to laugh about where life sticks you sometimes. Read this book!
Click here for information on getting your own copy.
I've also become a fan of this author's blog. She's my new literary hero :)
Copious amounts of ranch dressing on pizza-
I am not a fan of pizza. Don't scoff, I'd just rather have something, almost anything else over pizza. Until one night last week when I played the lazy card and made frozen Tombstones in the pizza maker and my little mini-me sang the praises of ranch dressing on pizza. So why not?  I tried it. And now I want to have frozen pizza with gobs of ranch all the time. And Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Nothing rounds out a good meal of fat on fat like Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.

Scarves-
My neck feels naked without the warmth of a decorative scarf. I really hate the fact that the world will soon thaw and I'll have to accessorize with *ack* necklaces once more.... Until then, I embrace my colorful bands of fabric that I love so much.

I hope this has been informative, slightly entertaining or just a nice way to waste some time for y'all. 'Til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment