Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Planning Easter

I've invited my family for Easter dinner at my house. We've done this for quite a few years then end up out in the yard so the kids can have an Easter egg hunt. My brother, TJ, hides the eggs while the rest of us adults stand around and talk. TJ is also the yearly gift hander-outer on Christmas morning. Why does he get the honors? Because he's the youngest and we make him. In case you were wondering, I have two sisters and TJ plus a mom and dad who are all original. No step-peoples in this clan. That starts the attendance at 6 people, add our three husbands and brother's girlfriend and that ups the ante to 10. Plus my parent's grandkids which sits at eight right now. That means I currently posses four of their sum total of grandkids(go meeeee!) That's 18 people in my house. That's nothing. Paul's family sits at 64, if everyone attended, with an average of 48 people showing up at any given holiday.

So how do the Ellsworth's do when planning for a get together? These are our exact emails from this afternoon, in order:

From: Jaime Putzier
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:48 PM
To:
Family

Subject: Easter

So lets make a plan…
Sarah said lets shoot for 1:00pm…(Sarah is that to arrive or eat??)
She is also making Ham so the rest is up to us
Sooo…who is making what?????

From: Jaime Putzier
Sent: 26 Mar 2013 19:01:16 GMT
To: Family

Subject: FW: Easter
Bueller……………………..Bueller………………………

Sarah's Editorial Note: You see, this is what we say when we receive no response to a request via email or text message from another Ellsworth. You get roll called by the drone-sounding teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

From: T.J. Ellsworth 
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:04 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter

I'll bring pie and buns.

From: Jaime Putzier
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:06 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter

Sounds good!
So we have
Ham
Pie
Buns



From: Melissa Zamzow
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:12 PM
To: Family

Subject: RE: FW: Easter
I can do potatoes, Jaime if you want to buy ingredients for corn I can make that too…for you…Paul said you can’t make ANYTHING  with garlic…and if you do make something else besides the corn, you need to spend the extra 30 cents on name brand stuff…that is all that he has requested ;)



From: Jaime Putzier
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:16 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter
Yeah I can do that and I was thinking a fruit pizza…I seen it on Facebook and it looked SUPER yummy…and garlic free J
P.S. My green bean casserole at Thanksgiving was all generic…and no one even noticed ;)



From: Melissa Zamzow
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:20 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter
Mmm that sounds yummy!  You could just do that and I will do corn and potatoes
Ps…he noticed
Ha ha ha just giving you crap



From: Jaime Putzier
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:23 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter
It looked yummy and I don’t even like fruit that much but I will do that then J Maybe something else fun.
Ps….no he didn’t
Ha ha ha I know

 
From: Sarah Sexton
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:15 PM
To: Family
Subject: Re: Easter
I will also supply plates, napkins, silverware. Lemonade for the kids and an appetizer. 
PS One of the downtown restaurants burned something last week and the whole street smelled like garlic. Tyler asked if Jaime was cooking something..... 
PPS We had a whole conversation about what is okay for generic and what has to be name brand because of the green bean casserole last Thanksgiving.... 
PostPostPostScript Show up at One. We'll eat when we feel like it.



From: Jaime Putzier

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:23 PM
To: Family
Subject: RE: FW: Easter

I’ll bring a 12-pack of Diet Dew also so we aren’t all drinking yours…pretty much since a lot of it gets drank….drunk…..whatever
 
PS Ha…..ha…..HA : / my not laughing face. Tell Tyler very funny ;)
 
PSS I thought it was wonderful!! (I don’t even like it) But Paul specifically (and I actually remember this) said good thing nothing in here is generic or Jaime would be taking the whole pan of it home..I agreed with him, good thing ;)
PPPPS….ok


And I'm guessing we will receive an email from our dad this evening saying "Ma said she'll bring meat, cheese, crackers. deviled eggs and pickle wraps" only with as few letters Dad has to type while still getting his message across. Dad isn't much of a typer. He's somewhat computer literate, but is still a hunter and a pecker when it comes to a keyboard.

I pray you all have a good church to attend to celebrate Jesus' rising after his death and you feel as blessed to have family surrounding you as I have. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Ha it's funny that I was a part of that conversation, but seems so rediculous that that is how we communicate...a good challenge for you would be to recap any single one of our speaking conversations...I think I'm safe to say, no one but any one of us would be able translate it into something that would make sense to anyone else ;) love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I laughed all the way through. You should have seen the email chain that involved my brother inviting my sister and me (and our husbands) to the "doings" he arranged for my parents' birthdays! I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete