Friday, March 1, 2013

"Loser"

The conversation running through my head this morning-
I should wear my wedding ring today. Why don't I wear it more often? Putting on outhouse gloves. Dishes. Laundry. I have a fear of losing it while completing these tasks. My ring should be in my candle. Why did I choose a candle that sits inside a kitchen cupboard as my ring's off duty home??? To think, all these times I've slipped it off, put it in the candle, then have a slight panic moment hours later because this action has become so instant that I don't remember doing it. .. Okay, ring's not in candle. Heart aflutter, panic rising. Think, Sarah, think! Cursory pat around the candle. Take the candle down to look inside. Only Paul's ring in there. Where could it be? How long's it been since I've worn it? To heck if I know. My underwear drawer! Yes! I should check there! Hmm... Shove the scibbies aside, glint of silver, hope rises. Nope, that's a necklace, more undies milled around and pay dirt! I've found my ring. What a gorgeous piece of jewelry it is.-
Not all of this was "said" in my head, some came in the form of flashes of pictures, but you get the general idea.
I'm a "loser." I lose things all the time. For the most part, I just really suck at putting things back where they belong, even if it's a case of walking ten feet back to the bedroom from the living room to put the whatever back. My children aren't any better. I have got to have six hairbrushes. Each morning, Ella and I both search and search for a single brush effectively wasting minutes that turn into hours if one would take the time to add it all up. Of course the problem does not end at hair brushes. It's pens, homework, tools, Scotch tape, you name it, we lose it. I guess we're not so much "losers" as we are setter downer and forgetters.
So what's the magic potion to end this vicious cycle? Haven't a clue. A big neon sign saying "A place for everything and everything in its place" perhaps? A big whooping stick for the ones who forget to put their stuff away? Chances are I'd spend just as much time whooping myself.
I just don't know. My best guess is we'll all live our lives in a constant frenzy to find our belongings. At least the stuff usually turns up. And a big plus is I didn't spend more than two minutes feverishly looking for my wedding ring. If it's the worse thing that happens today, I can thank God for another good one!

2 comments:

  1. I have often wondered why we don't take those extra two steps to put back something...if i can't find something the best place to look at our house is in or garbage...9 out of 10 times is where your will find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete