Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Love/Hate Relationship with Laundry


I've had a long standing bad relationship with laundry. It's not particularly my favorite thing do do in the first place, but there are a few things that can enhance the experience.

I highly recommend Apple Mango Tango Gain. It seriously is like the Gain commercial where everyone follows the guy and sniffs his shirt all day. At least for me. I have actually uttered the words, "Hey! You've *got* to come smell my sock. It's amaaaaaazzzzing." THAT's how good it smells. It comes in both detergent and liquid fabric softener.

Now a little on my history with laundry. Used to be, I had piles and piLES and PILES of laundry. Then I started getting rid of unnecessary clothing. I'm telling you, unless you are incredibly anal and you have birthed and raised incredibly anal children, have "nice" clothes and "play" clothes is a pipe dream. And unless you have a special place for all those shirts you think they *should* wear but they just end up on the floor and subsequently into the laundry, I say just get rid of them. I did. It's freeing.

Next, I have to tell you about my incredibly bad luck with appliances of the garment lavation persuasion. I've had 4 washing machines and 2 dryers in the past 10 years. Of that time, these appliances have probably run... eight and a half of those years? That's a lot of time taking laundry for six to the laundromat as the sets have waived in and out of various stages of disrepair.

Then.... I decided to bite the bullet and buy a brand new set. It cost me an entire season of an outhouse account to buy, but I did it. And oh did my brand-newbie front load set look so pretty stacked up in their corner of the bathroom! I was on top of the world. They are extra jumbo hugeungous capacity, have a gazillion different settings and combinations to scrub the clothes, the washer and dryer both have allergy and steam settings...Yes, that's right, my dryer has a water line and a steam setting. It came with a rack that stops the spinning so you can steam clean and sanitize pillows, stuffed animals, etc-in the dryer! Pure Awesomeness.

On to the hater portion-
Front loads are notorious for building a mildew smell over time. My washer actually asks me if I want to wash my washer after 30 or so loads. Yes, you have to wash your washing machine. And leave the door open when not in use. I do not like open doors.
Another thing I did not realize until talking with my friend yesterday, is front loads swirl your jeans around when they wash and dry them, leaving deep creases in funny places. I just thought everyone in the family mangled there jeans while they took them off. I super hate looking down at my jeans and seeing a diagonal crease from the hem to the knee of one pant leg. I have to bend down and attempt to smooth out the crease. It's the laundry's fault!

Just because I feel like a big Debbie Downer bitching about my laundry so much, another positive is they make really cute laundry decorations if are lucky enough to have a laundry room
;)


No comments:

Post a Comment