Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fears

Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you’re most afraid of

I'm not sure I have "a fear." If you asked me what my husband's are and I can instantly tell you spiders and snakes. I am, in fact, the spider killer in our house. And snakes are also not an issue for me.

I don't like scary movies. I'm not sure it's the content so much as it is the emotions scary movies evoke. I don't feel as if my adrenaline needs to be increased over a fictional situation.

My biggest fear, now that I'm actually thinking about it, is that "I'm doing it wrong" when it comes to parenting. At their very core as well as outwardly to those around them, I know my kids are good people. But for some reason, I fell like I'm screwing them up in some way. Like I should be complimenting them a little more, swearing a little less (admittedly, I do, I swear a lot), or "teaching" them things.

I just want my kids to be honest, successful, kind and happy.

1 comment:

  1. Travis FartstinkleMay 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM

    You're not screwing it up, lady. Those kids are awesome. Don't you worry about a thing.

    ReplyDelete